Sunday 1 January 2017

WWE 2016 Predictions Reviewed

I made some predictions at the start of 2016 for WWE. It's been an unpredictable year, so how correct was I?

Rollins will Return as Heel: Correct. Although he has since become a babyface.


Reigns the Three Time Champ: Correct, although I had to fact check this. He lost the title in the Rumble match to Triple H and regained it in a lacklustre WrestleMania main event.

Still no magic 16 for Cena: Correct, he's challenged a few times but never got there.

Triple H back in the ring: Correct and he even became World Champion again.

'Taker wins at Mania: Correct. He beat Shane O'Mac in a match that ultimately meant nothing at all. But at least we still have memories of that bump from the top of the cage.

Zayn versus Owens: Correct. We had this early on in the year with a series of awesome matches.

Breeze wins Gold: Incorrect. I think this was more of a wish than a prediction. I can't see any gold in Breeze's future now he is paired with Fandango.

Corbin gets Called-Up: Correct. He won the Andre the Giant Battle Royal and ended the year challenging for the title.

American Alpha win the titles: Correct. I predicted they would win the NXT tag titles, they did but Jordan and Gable just captured the Smackdown tag titles. Well deserved, hopefully they have a great 2017.

I'm not doing any further predictions, it's pretty clear from the above that I go for safe bets.


I also went to a Insane Championship Wrestling show in November entitled Pray for Mojo which I was informed was a Simpsons reference The show was held on 3rd November in the build to their big show of the year back in Scotland, Fear and Lothing. Here's the results:

1) Trent Seven defeated Davey Blaze MOTN
2) Kay Lee Ray defeated Nixon Newell
3) Polo Promotions (Jackie Polo & Mark Coffey) defeated Joe Hendry & Kenny Williams
4) Sha Samuels defeated Chris Renfrew
5) Matt Cross defeated Stevie Boy
6) Joe Coffey defeated Joel Redman
7) Wolfgang defeated BT Gunn
8) Iestyn Rees, Mike Bird & Wild Boar defeated Bram, Jack Jester & Lionheart which included interference from (I believe) Chris Renfrew who I assumed was a rowdy fan next to me but then he jumped the barricade and got involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment